Working together for better regulation
Information and updates on ASQA reform activities currently being undertaken
Implementation of the recommendations from the Rapid Review will occur through a staged approach. Some of the identified areas for improvement can be progressed immediately, while others will take time and require close engagement with stakeholders.
During 2020 we will be undertaking work to:
- align our practices and governance, and implement an internal restructure in line with the intention of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Amendment (Governance and Other Matters) Bill 2020 currently before Parliament
- strengthen our routine and risk-based monitoring
- build a common understanding of self-assurance and excellence in training outcomes
- expand the set of regulatory tools we use
- improve the way we conduct audits, write reports and describe evidence and non-compliances
- improve internal practices to achieve greater consistency in both audit approach and decision making
- become more transparent in identifying areas of risk and provide guidance that will support providers
- strengthen our engagement and education programs, including commencing the Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG)
The final report of the rapid review of ASQA's regulatory practices, governance and culture.