Amend a course
Course owners can apply to make amendments to a VET accredited course during its accreditation period.
Before submitting a course amendment application, consider the following:
- Your application must provide evidence that, if amended, the course will remain relevant and continue to comply with the:
- If ASQA approves amendments, you are responsible for informing individuals and organisations that have permission to use the course about the changes.
- If the proposed amendments significantly alter the course outcomes, ASQA may require you to apply to accredit a new course.
How to amend your course
Download the Application to amend an accredited course (DOC).
Submit the completed form to email@example.com.
Minor vs. major amendments
Examples of minor amendments to VET accredited courses include:
- substitution of superseded training package units with current equivalent units
- changes where training packages units are deemed non-equivalent, but the outcome of the course is not affected
- changes to wording in the course document to reflect current industry practices/requirements, entry requirements, assessment strategy or trainer/assessor requirements.
Examples of major amendments to VET accredited courses include:
- changes to courses where training package units have been deleted from the parent training package
- the addition of extra training package or enterprise units as electives that do not impact on the outcome of the course
- the addition of extra enterprise units as elective options that do not impact on the outcome of the course.
For further information on whether we would regard a proposed amendment as minor or major, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASQA is waiving some fees and charges for VET providers and accredited course owners from 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2021.
The fee for amending an accredited course depends on whether the amendment is minor or major:
- The fee for a minor amendment is $1145.
- The fee for a major amendment is $2290.
For a full list of fees and charges, please read the Guide to ASQA’s fees and charges 2019-20 (PDF).
Outcome of your application
We will usually issue a notification of our decision within 40 working days of receiving a complete application.
Course amendments by ASQA
In certain circumstances, ASQA may initiate amendments to a VET accredited course. ASQA will notify you if it initiates an amendment to your course.