Amend a course
Making changes to a VET accredited course
There are a few things to consider before applying to amend your course.
You need to provide evidence that your proposed changes keep the course relevant and comply with the:
If your amendments significantly change course outcomes, you may need to apply for new course accreditation.
Examples of amendments to an accredited course
- updating superseded training package units with current equivalent units
- updating training package units with units deemed non-equivalent (does not impact course outcomes)
- changes to wording in the course document (for example, to reflect new industry practices, changes to entry requirements or assessor requirements)
- changes due to training package units being deleted from the parent training package
- adding an extra training package unit as an elective (does not impact course outcomes)
- adding an extra enterprise unit as an elective (does not impact course outcomes)
A fee is payable for each course amendment application lodged.
Learn more about fees and charges
How to apply
Download the application to amend an accredited course.
Send your completed form to email@example.com.
We will let you know of our decision within 40 business days of receiving your complete application.
You need to notify RTOs with permission to use your course of any ASQA-approved changes.
Course changes made by ASQA
In exceptional circumstances, ASQA may need to amend an accredited course.
You will be contacted if ASQA is required to make a change to your course.
To check if your changes are minor or major, call 1300 701 801 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.