Amend a course
Making changes to a VET accredited course
There are a few things to consider before applying to amend your course.
You need to provide evidence that your proposed changes keep the course relevant and comply with the:
If your amendments significantly change course outcomes, you may need to apply for new course accreditation.
Examples of amendments to an accredited course
- updating superseded training package units with current equivalent units
- updating training package units with units deemed non-equivalent (does not impact course outcomes)
- changes to wording in the course document (for example, to reflect new industry practices, changes to entry requirements or assessor requirements)
- changes due to training package units being deleted from the parent training package
- adding an extra training package unit as an elective (does not impact course outcomes)
- adding an extra enterprise unit as an elective (does not impact course outcomes)
A fee is payable for each course amendment application lodged.
How to apply
Download the application to amend an accredited course.
Send your completed form to email@example.com.
We will let you know of our decision within 40 business days of receiving your complete application.
You need to notify RTOs with permission to use your course of any ASQA-approved changes.
Course changes made by ASQA
In exceptional circumstances, ASQA may need to amend an accredited course.
You will be contacted if ASQA is required to make a change to your course.