Renew a course
Renewing your accredited courses involves four key stages.
When to renew your course
Owners of existing courses must apply to renew accreditation at least 90 days before accreditation expires.
If you submit your application before this deadline, the course accreditation will remain valid while ASQA processes your application. A formal application to extend the accreditation of the course will not be required in this case.
How to renew your course
Course owners must ensure their course complies with current standards and meets current industry needs, before applying for a renewal.
You will need to do the following when producing your renewal application:
- Prepare evidence that there is an ongoing industry, enterprise, education, legislative or community need for your course.
- Review your course content for potential duplication with current training package content. New training package units of competency, skill sets and qualifications may have received endorsement since your course was last accredited. ASQA will only consider renewing your course if it does not duplicate the outcomes of existing training package content.
- Update your accredited course document. Refer to section B: 3.2 of this template for specific guidance on reviewing a course document for renewal of accreditation.
Download the Application for course accreditation form—renewal (DOC).
Submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Renewing course accreditation involves two fees:
- an application lodgement fee ($500)
- an application assessment fee ($7570).
For a full list of fees and charges, please read the Guide to ASQA’s fees and charges 2019-20 (PDF).
Outcome of your application
You should allow at least six months for ASQA to assess your application.
In most cases, ASQA will process applications within six months if the application:
- is complete
- complies with the Standards for VET Accredited Courses 2012
- complies with the Australian Qualifications Framework.
You can check the progress of your application by emailing email@example.com.