How we engage and educate
A key feature of our regulatory approach is engagement and education.
Our approach focuses on building long-term relationships with stakeholders.
Effective stakeholder engagement is an essential part of our regulatory approach and government priorities for vocational education and training (VET) quality outcomes and continuous improvement.
Transforming our regulatory approach
We collaborate and co-design new regulatory tools with a range of stakeholders to:
- build a common understanding about our role, how we regulate and what to expect from us
- help providers understand and maintain their responsibilities under the standards
- gain input into changes to our regulatory approach
- gather intelligence to inform our understanding of regulatory risk
- design regulatory approaches that are well-informed and provide clear support for providers to self-assure and continuously improve.
Our stakeholders include:
- the Australian Government and state and territory governments
- other entities that form Australia’s VET regulatory framework
- individual VET providers
- peak body representatives of VET providers
- industry and employers
- students and the consumer protection network
- course owners and developers.
The Provider Roundtable is ASQA’s primary forum for strategic engagement and consultation with the peak VET, dual sector and English language provider associations on regulatory design, reform and benefits realisation.
The Provider Roundtable is chaired by the CEO of ASQA and comprised of senior representatives from:
- Adult Learning Australia
- Community Colleges Australia
- English Australia
- Enterprise Registered Training Organisation Association
- Independent Higher Education Australia
- Independent Tertiary Education Council Australia
- TAFE Directors Australia.
More information about the Provider Roundtable’s objectives and members is detailed on our Provider Roundtable page.
SLG (Stakeholder Liaison Group)
The purpose of the ASQA SLG is to engage and consult with sector experts on ASQA’s regulatory engagement and education and interactions with regulated entities as part of ASQA’s Regulatory Operating Model.
More information about the SLG’s objectives and members is detailed on our SLG page.
Education is one of our primary regulatory tools.
As a regulator, one of ASQA’s key roles is supporting the VET sector by providing high quality and accessible educational resources.
Our most important educational tools for VET and Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) is our website and Info Line.
We also conduct regular webinars to support providers continuously improve and self-assure their operations.
We have a range of resources to help providers understand our regulatory approach and their responsibilities under the standards, they include:
- Users’ guide to the standards
- Users’ guide for VET accredited courses
- our Infoline which responds to email and phone questions
- a range of videos and webinars.
ASQA regularly attends and presents at a range of industry events and forums each year.
The presentations cover a broad range of popular topics impacting the VET sector.
To enquire or find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org.