Change ESOS registration | Application process
We take a risk-based approach to assess applications.
To decide whether to grant your application, we consider:
- the courses, locations and capacity you have applied for
- your approved courses, locations and capacity
- your provider profile and compliance history
- your resourcing and readiness to deliver what you’re seeking.
We typically grant most change applications without need for further scrutiny.
We may need to gather more evidence or conduct an assessment for capability, readiness, and performance before making a final decision.
If your application requires further assessment
Our triage risk assessment may identify that your application needs further assessment.
We will let you know in writing if this is the case.
Learn more about the performance assessment process and what to expect.
How long it takes to review your application
If your application is complete, we’ll process it within 6 months from the date we receive it.
We’ll let you know the outcome of our decision in writing.
Learn more about ASQA's Service Standards.
If we approve your application
We may approve:
- your application in full
- some changes to your registration but not all
- your application with some conditions.
If we don’t approve changes to your registration
Your application may not be approved if:
- it’s incomplete and you didn’t give us the required documentation on time or in the format we need
- you didn’t pay the fee invoice in full
- you didn’t demonstrate compliance with the ESOS Framework.
If you disagree with our decision
If we don’t approve your registration application, we’ll send you a letter to explain why. You can also ask us to review our decision.