Change RTO scope | TAE Training Package evidence
It is critical that training products from a Training and Education (TAE) Training Package are delivered to the highest levels of quality, so that trainers and assessors hold all the skills and knowledge required.
Training products that make up this package underpin the quality of VET delivery as graduates in these qualifications are responsible for training much of the Australian workforce.
TAE training products with additional evidence requirements
Only registered training organisations (RTOs) that have been registered for 2 years or more can apply to add the following training products from the TAE Training Package:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development
- TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- TAE80316 Graduate Certificate in Digital Education
- TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set
- TAESS00010 Advanced Assessor Skill Set 1
- AVI50419 Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instructor)*
- AVI60119 Advanced Diploma of Aviation (Chief Flight Instructor)*
*These qualifications contain the same units of competency as TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, and the additional evidence requirements for TAE training products also apply.
Evidence you need to provide
If you apply to add qualifications from the TAE Training Package, you need to include the following evidence with your application:
- Outcome of your RTO’s independent external validation of its assessment system.
- Details of all AQF qualifications and statements of attainment issued by your RTO in the 6 months before your application.
- The proposed training and assessment strategies for each TAE product requested.
- Examples of all the learning resources, assessment materials and tools you plan to use.
- Evidence that only people possessing the required skills and knowledge will carry out training and assessment of the training products.
Evidence of external independent validation
You need to provide evidence that your RTO’s assessment systems are independently validated.
Your assessment systems’ validation should cover the assessment system:
- for 5 qualifications on your scope of registration.
- you plan to adopt to deliver qualifications or the assessor skill sets you have applied for.
If you have less than 5 qualifications on scope, you’ll need to provide assessment validation for all of your training products.
You also need to provide evidence of the training and assessment strategies that informed your training and assessment practice, for the previous 12 months.
Evidence | Australian Qualifications Framework and Statements of Attainment
You need to provide the details of AQF qualification and statements of attainment you issued in the previous 6 months.
This needs to include the:
- student’s first name, surname and date of birth
- code and title of the awarded qualification and units of competency issued
- date the student started and completed the course
- date the certificate or statement of attainment was issued.
Evidence of training and assessment strategies for new TAE products
Your evidence needs to demonstrate that your RTO has training and assessment strategies that:
- are consistent with the requirements of the package
- enable learners to meet the requirements for each unit of competency they are enrolled in
- are responsive to industry and learner needs.
The evidence you provide needs to identify and describe:
- how you conduct training and assessment to meet the requirements of the TAE Training Package.
- the characteristics of each learner group that has influenced the development of your training and assessment strategies.
- the amount of training you are providing, including details about:
- the rationale for the training and mode of delivery
- how the amount of training supports each learner to meet the requirements of each unit of competency
- how you have considered the volume of AQF learner indicators and any significant variations
- whether a third-party will be used to deliver training and assessment, and how this will meet the Standards for RTOs 2015
- the resources you’ll use to train and assess, and how these resources meet competency requirements including:
- identifying if resources are purchased or developed by your RTO or someone employed by your RTO
- how you engaged with industry, and how this informed your training and assessment strategies, and why they are relevant to industry needs.
Evidence of learning resources, assessment materials and tools
For each TAE Training Package product that you request to add, you need to provide evidence.
Your evidence needs to show how you will use learning materials, assessment policies, procedures, materials and tools to deliver and assess specific units of competency.
|Training product||Units of competency you need to provide evidence for|
|TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment||
|TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training||
|TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development||
|TAE80316 Graduate Certificate in Digital Education||
|Assessor skills set | TAESS00011||
|Advanced assessor skill set |TAESS00010||
Evidence of required skill and knowledge capabilities
You need to provide evidence that you are using experts to deliver training and assessment.
Your trainers and assessor need to have:
- the required training and assessment qualifications
- vocational competencies at least to the level of delivery
- current industry skills relevant to the training and assessment provided
- current knowledge and skills in vocational training.
For each of your trainers and assessors, you need to provide:
- copies of training and assessment qualifications
- copies of vocational qualifications, or evidence to demonstrate vocational competencies at or above the level being delivered and assessed
- evidence of how your RTO has determined that they have current industry skills and knowledge—this should also reflect your engagement with industry.
Learn more about specific trainer and assessor credential requirements.
How to submit your TAE evidence
To prepare your application:
- clearly label evidence for each training product
- include the file name within the document title or footer
- keep attachments less than 10MB per file.
How to name your files
Examples of naming conventions:
- CIV40116 Training and assessment—strategy
- CIV40116 Trainer and Assessor qualifications summary—John Smith.
Email us for help if your evidence exceeds the maximum limit.