Step 4—Application assessment
During this step we check your application is complete and your course meets the requirements of the:
ASQA has a team of experienced assessors. You will be assigned an assessor who will contact you during this process.
- First, we check to make sure you have provided all the required information. If your application is incomplete we will let you know, and you will have the opportunity to provide any missing information.
- We assess your application and if the course does not meet all the requirements, we will send you an evaluation report that outlines our findings and a notice of non-compliance.
- You have an opportunity to address any issues outlined in the report, including submitting a revised course document.
- We assess your response.
- We will let you know ASQA’s decision.
We process applications in line with ASQA’s service standards.
Received a notice of non-compliance?
If your application does not comply, we will send you:
Your evaluation report will detail areas of non-compliance you need to address.
You have 20 business days to address the non-compliance and submit your response to us. Your due date will be listed in your notice of non-compliance.
You only have one chance to address any outstanding issues.
You may need to:
- update your course document (using tracked changes)
- provide additional information
- provide further evidence of stakeholder consultation.
We suggest you use the rectification response summary form to show the actions you have taken to address the non-compliance.
If you have any questions, please talk to your assessor before resubmitting your application.
Only update non-compliant sections
You should only change content in your course document that has been identified as non-compliant.
If you want to change other sections of (compliant) content, talk to your assessor first. Changes you make may create a non-compliance, and we do not offer a further opportunity to address these.