Fees and charges
From 1 July 2022, ASQA will implement the following Australian Government decisions:
- transition of ASQA from a partial to a full cost recovery agency including the reintroduction of fees and charges, as announced by the Australian Government Budget 2018–19
- end of most fee relief measures created to lift financial pressure on providers impacted by the COVID 19 pandemic
- continuation of fee relief measures for ELICOS-only providers until 31 December 2022.
Learn about the fees and charges effective from 1 July 2022. Read more.
Who needs to pay the fees and charges?
ASQA fees and charges apply to 3 key groups:
- Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) accredited course owners.
- Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) providers, who are registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- this includes those that deliver English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS). Note: fee relief has been extended until 31 December 2022 for ELICOS-only providers.
What do I have to pay?
Our guide to current ASQA fees and charges provides information on:
- who is subject to the fees and charges
- how we calculate the fee/charge amount.
Annual registration charge (ARC)
Find out how the ARC is calculated, including case studies to illustrate the dual-metric calculation.
How are ASQA fees and charges determined?