Step 1—Intention to renew
Before you begin detailed work on your application for course renewal, you need to submit your intention to renew form.
You will need to include:
- evidence showing there is an ongoing need for your course
- research that supports your application
- completion numbers and projected enrolment numbers
- stakeholders willing to be involved with your course review.
Stakeholder engagement is critical. It will help you build support for the continued accreditation of your course.
We may contact your key stakeholders during the evaluation process.
If your course duplicates any existing training packages, it will not be approved.
Learn about the Standards for VET Accredited Courses using our guide.
Intention to renew - assessment process
- Submit your 'intention to renew' form with any attachments.
- We will check your form to make sure it is complete.
- We will assess your intention to renew.
- If we need more information, you have the opportunity to provide additional information.
- We will write to you and confirm whether you can proceed to 'course redevelopment'. (Step 2).
We process renewal applications in line with ASQA’s service standards.
If your intention to renew is approved, you must submit your course for renewal at least 90 days before the expiry date.
If your intention to renew application is not eligible to proceed, you will have to pay another lodgement fee to resubmit.
Submit your intention to renew
Provide any supporting information as attachments.
You need to pay the lodgement fee when you submit your intention to renew.
Please submit a new form for each course renewal.