Step 1—Intention to renew
Before you begin detailed work on your application for course renewal, you need to submit your intention to renew form.
You will need to include:
- evidence showing there is an ongoing need for your course
- research that supports your application
- completion numbers and projected enrolment numbers
- stakeholders willing to be involved with your course review.
Stakeholder engagement is critical. It will help you build support for the continued accreditation of your course.
We may contact your key stakeholders during the evaluation process.
If your course duplicates any existing training packages, it will not be approved.
Learn about the Standards for VET Accredited Courses using our guide.
Intention to renew - assessment process
- Submit your 'intention to renew' form with any attachments.
- We will check your form to make sure it is complete.
- We will assess your intention to renew (20 business days).
- If we need more information, you have 20 business days to provide it to us. (Your application may not proceed if the extra information we request is not received in time.) It takes another 10 business days to assess your additional information.
- We will write to you and confirm whether you can proceed to 'course redevelopment'. (Step 2).
You will receive an email, usually within 20 business days of your intention to renew being received.
If your intention to renew is approved, you must submit your course for renewal at least 90 days before the expiry date.
Renewal lodgement fee:
If your intention to renew application is not eligible to proceed, you will have to pay another lodgement fee ($500) to resubmit.
Payment is required when you submit your application.
Submit your intention to renew
Provide any supporting information as attachments.
You need to pay the lodgement fee when you submit your intention to renew.
Please submit a new form for each course renewal.