Change RTO scope | Application process
We take a risk-based approach to assess change of scope applications.
To decide whether to grant your application, we consider:
- the training products you intend to offer
- your scope of registration
- your provider profile and compliance history
- your resourcing capability and readiness to start training.
We typically grant most change applications after a triage risk assessment without need for further consultation.
We may need to gather more evidence or conduct an assessment for capability, readiness, and performance before making a final decision.
If your application requires further assessment
Our triage risk assessment may identify that your application needs further assessment.
We will let you know in writing if this is the case.
Learn more about the performance assessment process and what to expect.
Cost of a performance assessment
The cost includes:
- planning and conducting and the performance assessment
- preparing the performance assessment report
- any other business process incurring an assessor’s time.
If you want to amend or withdraw your application after you submit it
Email us if you need to amend or withdraw your application.
If we have started assessing your application, it may not be possible to change or withdraw it.
Application lodgement fees are not refunded once we have started to triage or assess your application, except under exceptional circumstances.
If we approve your change of scope application
We may approve:
- all products in your application
- some products in your application
- products in your application with specific conditions
- all or some products in your application with a written direction to resolve non-compliance.
If we don’t approve changes to your registration
If we don’t approve your application, we’ll let you know the reasons for our decision in writing.
Your application may be rejected if:
- it’s incomplete and you didn’t give us the required documentation on time or in the format we need
- you didn’t pay the lodgement fee in full
- you didn’t demonstrate compliance with the VET Quality Framework
- you haven’t satisfied the financial viability risk assessment requirements
- a regulatory decision such as a sanction or other non-compliance action applies to the training products in your application.
If you disagree with our decision
If we don’t approve your registration application, we’ll send you a letter to explain why. You can also ask us to review our decision.