Annual declaration on compliance
What is a compliance declaration?
The annual declaration on compliance helps us maintain quality VET training in Australia.
Training providers need to submit an annual compliance declaration to deliver VET training.
Your declaration is a statement confirming your organisation complied with the Standards for all certifications issued in the last 12 months.
A compliance declaration confirms:
- records are current and accurate
- you monitor and meet regulatory requirements
- you can identify and address risks.
Review Clause 8.4, the Standards to learn more about the regulatory requirements for reporting.
When is the compliance declaration due?
Each year, we invite the Chief Executive Officer of each training provider, by email, to complete the declaration. Each email contains a unique web link to your online declaration.
Keep your registration details updated on:
We will send you an email reminder before the due date.
There will also be reminders on our website and in our newsletter, ASQA Update.
ASQA may take regulatory action if an RTO did not submit the declaration by the requested due date.
Get prepared: your compliance declaration checklist
New training providers
Are you a new training provider?
Check your initial registration start date on training.gov.au.
If you were registered:
- by 31 December in the year before the submission date, you need to submit an annual declaration on compliance.
- in the year of the submission date, you don’t need to submit a declaration on compliance.
Using our Self-assessment tool
Our Self-Assessment Tool helps you check your:
- regulatory requirements
- operations and standards
- systems and processes to identify potential or emerging risks and areas for improvement.
This tool helps you complete the annual declaration on compliance. It is not the actual annual declaration on compliance.
How to complete your compliance declaration form
Steps to complete and record your declaration.
- Review, edit and save your information when completing the form.
- Check all your information before you submit.
- You can print, save to PDF and/or email a copy of your answers immediately after submitting your form.
- After the submission is complete, you can’t access, change, or copy your declaration.
- Your declaration form can only be submitted once.
- Late submissions aren’t accepted.
Check you sent your declaration correctly:
- Return to your original email from us
- Click on the web link provided
- A message will appear confirming your submission.
If you did not receive an email during the submission period
If your RTO CEO did not receive the unique weblink to the online declaration during the submission period, they should take the following steps:
- Check the spam/junk mail folder.
- Check that the email address for its CEO contact is correctly listed on training.gov.au. If the address is incorrect, the RTO should update the contact details in asqanet, and then contact the ASQA Info Line to request that ASQA re-send the email.
- If none of the above apply, the RTO should contact the Info Line and advise that the RTO has not received the email.
Your privacy is important to us
ASQA is bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988, including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). Your personal information is managed by ASQA under this Act.
How is my personal information used?
Personal information and any supporting documentation you provide with your declaration is used to assess your compliance.
Is my personal information disclosed?
Your personal information is not disclosed without your consent, except if we are required to by an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.