Data collection and provision
The Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 include data provision requirements, outlined in Standard 7, Clause 7.5 and Standard 8, Clause 8.1–8.2. These requirements apply to all RTOs.
You must collect, and report on, a range of accurate and complete data about your business and operations, including:
- quality indicator data
- total VET activity data.
You will also need to prepare an annual declaration on compliance each year.
ASQA may also ask you to provide data at any time during your registration period. The types of data that ASQA may request include:
- business registration records
- documents demonstrating the organisation’s financial viability
- information demonstrating how relevant people associated with the organisation satisfy the Fit and Proper Person Requirements
- information on strategies, facilities and other materials used to conduct training and assessment
- documents demonstrating trainers’ credentials
- information about delivery operations (e.g. modes, venues, funding, student types, activity conducted)
- evidence to demonstrate appropriate records management systems
- public liability insurance coverage
- the names of current or past students, and their contact details—they may be surveyed about satisfaction levels.
Our RTO and ESOS checklists help you identify key dates and stay on top of your reporting obligations to remain compliant. Click the links for more information on each of the obligations.
(Information for RTOs)
(Information for ESOS providers)