Submit your initial RTO registration application
Initial RTO registration applications are submitted in 2 stages:
Prepare and submit an application for initial registration via the asqanet portal. New users will need to create an asqanet account.
At this stage, you will be required to upload or enter:
- Your registration details, including:
- your legal entity details (ABN/ACN)
- evidence of your legal entity
- head office or principal place of business
- ownership details
- details of people associated with the organisation
- CEO details
- other existing business registrations
- type of training organisation
- contact details (general enquiries and registration enquiries)
- delivery sites
- your proposed scope items
- any scope-specific evidence
- Fit and proper person declaration forms
- CEO statutory declaration
- Financial viability risk assessment tool and supporting documentation
- Your completed Initial RTO registration application form.
You will receive a lodgement fee invoice as soon as you submit your application. We will not commence reviewing your application until the lodgement fee has been received. For more information see Fees and charges.
Once your application has been submitted and your lodgement fee has been paid, ASQA will send you an email with a unique link to upload your supporting evidence files.
Before submitting your application, you should ensure that it is complete
Under section 16 of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (NVR Act):
(3) an application for registration must be in a form approved by the National VET Regulator and must be accompanied by:
(a) any information or documents that the Regulator requires; and
(b) the application fee determined by the Minister, by legislative instrument, under section 232.
The information and evidence required by the application is the form ASQA has approved as per section 16 of the NVR Act. That means failure to provide all the required information and documents will result in your application being considered incomplete and it will not be assessed.
You will not be permitted to re-submit the application form, so your responses should be complete, truthful, and accurate. If the information you provide in the application is found to be incomplete, or inaccurate, the application is likely to be rejected. The chances of rejecting the application will be greater if you knowingly provide false or misleading information.