Step 5—Decision (renewal)
You will receive an email from ASQA with details about our decision.
If your course renewal is approved
We will confirm:
- your course owner ID number
- how long your course has been accredited for (up to 5 years)
- any conditions on your accreditation
- your duties managing and monitoring your course.
We will enter the following details on the national register:
- course code and course title
- course owner and course contact details
- course description
- list of units of competency included in your course
Adding course to scope of registration
If you are an RTO and intend to deliver your new course, you need to add it to your scope of registration. This is not an automatic process.
Other RTOs wanting to deliver your course need to:
- apply to ASQA to have it added to their scope of registration
- provide evidence that you (the course owner) have granted permission for use.
If your course renewal is not accredited
If we do not approve your application, we will let you know the reasons for our decision.
Your application may be rejected if:
- it is incomplete and you did not give us the additional information in the time or format needed
- you did not comply with the Standards for VET Accredited Courses or Australian Qualifications Framework.
If we don’t approve your application:
- you can ask us to review our decision
- you can submit a new application for renewal (addressing any outstanding areas of non-compliance).