Below is a list of ASQA resources for registered training organisations (RTOs) and for people interested in applying to start an RTO.
The ASQA YouTube channel includes short videos that provide a simple overview of the process of starting a registered training organisation. These are a useful first step in understanding what's involved in applying to ASQA to become a registered training organisation.
There are also a range of videos to help established RTOs understand their obligations.
- Go to the ASQA YouTube channel and subscribe to be notified when new videos are released.
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 (Federal Register of Legislation website)
- Users' Guide to the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
- Frequently asked questions about the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
ASQA publishes fact sheets to help RTOs understand ASQA's functions, role and processes (including audit and financial viability risk assessment).
- Go to the fact sheets
ASQA's help centre provides answers to frequently asked questions. You can search the help centre by topics such as 'compliance' and 'risk assessment'.
If you can't find what you're looking for, you can ask ASQA a question by filling out the online enquiry form, or contacting our Info line.
- Go to the help centre
General directions provide guidance and clarification on complying with the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Quality Framework—and other conditions defined in the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011.
ASQA has issued general directions on learner transition, quality indicators, and the retention of student assessment items.
- Read the general directions
Application and notification forms for applying for, and maintaining, RTO registration.
- Go to the forms page
ASQA has published guides that can assist RTOs with initial registration and registration renewal.
- Go to the guides page
Stay up to date with the latest news from ASQA.
- Read the latest ASQA news
- Sign up to the ASQA newsletter so you never miss any information from ASQA.
ASQA has developed a tool to assist RTOs to self-assess their performance against the Standards for RTOs 2015. The tool aligns with the five phases of the student journey and aims to support RTOs to identify and assess evidence of practice and outcomes. The tool supports the Users’ guide to the Standards for RTOs 2015 and the Annual Declaration on Compliance and should be referenced in conjunction with the users’ guide.
- Go to the self-assessment tool for RTOs