Below is a list of ASQA resources for registered training organisations (RTOs) and for people interested in applying to start an RTO.
ASQA YouTube channel
The ASQA YouTube channel includes short videos that provide a simple overview of the process of starting a registered training organisation. These are a useful first step in understanding what's involved in applying to ASQA to become a registered training organisation.
There are also a range of videos to help established RTOs understand their obligations.
- Go to the ASQA YouTube channel and subscribe to be notified when new videos are released.
Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 (Federal Register of Legislation website)
- Users' Guide to the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
- Transition to the new Standards
- Frequently asked questions about the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
ASQA publishes fact sheets to help RTOs understand ASQA's functions, role and processes (including audit and financial viability risk assessment).
- Go to the fact sheets
ASQA's help centre provides answers to frequently asked questions. You can search the help centre by topics such as 'compliance' and 'risk assessment'.
If you can't find what you're looking for, you can ask ASQA a question by filling out the online enquiry form, or contacting our Info line.
- Go to the help centre
General directions provide guidance and clarification on complying with the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Quality Framework—and other conditions defined in the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011.
ASQA has issued general directions on learner transition, quality indicators, and the retention of student assessment items.
- Read the general directions
Application and notification forms for applying for, and maintaining, RTO registration.
- Go to the forms page
ASQA has published guides that can assist RTOs with initial registration and registration renewal.
- Go to the guides page
Stay up to date with the latest news from ASQA.
- Read the latest ASQA news
- Sign up to the ASQA newsletter so you never miss any information from ASQA.
'Welcome to ASQA' presentation (video)
Between March and August 2012, ASQA held information sessions across Australia, introducing RTOs to some of the key information about national regulation. This video provides a useful overview of ASQA's regulatory role for new entrants to the VET system.
- View the video—Welcome to ASQA