In line with the Australian Government’s commitment to reducing the regulatory burden on business, ASQA offered a package of regulatory reform initiatives in 2014. This included ASQA providing selected registered training organisations (RTOs) with the ability to manage their own scope of registration.
These RTOs are able to add new training products to their registration without applying to ASQA and paying an application fee.
An ASQA delegation is approved for RTOs with a strong history of VET compliance and who make frequent and extensive changes to their scope of registration. It is a functional mechanism enabling these RTOs to manage their own scope of registration.
To be considered for a delegation, an RTO is required to demonstrate they:
- have appropriate systems in place to manage the delegated function
- have a history of frequently adding to scope
- a strong history of VET compliance over a full registration period.
In deciding whether to proceed with consideration of a delegation, RTOs are urged to:
- consider the benefits and implications a delegation may have to their organisation and business processes
- consider its ability to comply with the responsibilities and obligations of an ASQA delegate
- compare the costs to the benefits of accepting the responsibility of amending your own scope of registration.
List of RTOs with ASQA delegations
|RTO ID||Delegation start date||Delegation end date|
|1373||YWCA of Canberra|
|22175||Y Learning & Development Pty. Ltd.|
|30895||Xamerg Pty Ltd|
|3097||Wodonga Institute of TAFE|
|22341||Total Business Services & Training Pty Ltd|
|90003||Technical and Further Education Commission|
|3059||Swinburne University of Technology|
|40074||Status Works Pty Ltd|
|3046||Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology|
|90171||MTC Australia Limited|
|5210||Mater Education Limited|
|70045||Karen Sheldon Catering Pty Ltd|
|90197||Integrated Care & Management Training Pty Ltd|
|91485||Institute of Strategic Management Pty Ltd|
|90720||Hammond Institute Pty Ltd|
|3094||Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE|
|32052||Future Skills Limited|
|6901||Foundation for Education & Training Ltd|
|4909||Federation University Australia|
|0442||Department of Defence|
|90941||Cloudten Pty Ltd|
|40939||Central Queensland University|
|0101||Canberra Institute of Technology|
|4687||Box Hill Institute|
|90403||Boral Construction Materials Ltd|
|22094||Australian Childhood Foundation|
|31731||Austin & Vanohr Pty Ltd|