On 6 July 2018, ASQA introduced an application lodgement fee of $500 for all initial and renewal applications submitted for course accreditation by ASQA.
At time of lodgement, a completeness check of the application will be conducted to review:
- sufficiency of evidence demonstrating industry support
- sufficiency of evidence demonstrating an established need for the course to be nationally recognised
- evidence of consultation with the Skills Service Organisations
- the course document has been developed in accordance with the requirements of the Standards for VET Accredited Courses 2012, including the units of competency against the Standards for Training Packages, and
- all sections of the form completed and witnessed.
ASQA will provide written advice on the outcome of the completeness check.
Where an application is deemed complete an application assessment fee of $7,570 will be payable before the application can proceed to an evaluation against the requirements of the Standards for VET Accredited Courses 2012, Standards for Training Packages and the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Where an application is deemed incomplete you will be provided with the reasons. If an application is deemed incomplete this does not prevent you from resubmitting the application, in which case a new lodgement fee will apply.
- Download the Application for course accreditation form—initial or renewal (DOC)
- Download the Accredited course document template (DOC)
- Submit the completed application to courses [at] asqa.gov.au.
If you have any queries in relation to course accreditation please email accreditation [at] asqa.gov.au.