Engagement and education
Strengthening our approach to engagement and education is integral to our reform program and our success as in best practice regulation – particularly in supporting providers to meet their regulatory obligations. Through our engagement and education activities, we help foster a shared understanding of our role and regulatory approach, encourage a culture of provider self-assurance and increase our transparency.
We continue to actively seek opportunities to work together with our stakeholders. In particular, key forums such as the Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG) helps us identify and respond to key issues facing the sector, and assists us in shaping our ongoing approach to education and engagement.
To help ensure you stay up-to-date on our work and opportunities to engage, we recommend:
- subscribing to our monthly ASQA Update newsletter
- following us on Twitter and LinkedIn
- joining our regular ASQA webinar series
- regularly checking the latest news section of our website.
Specific to our program of reform work, upcoming engagement activities will include:
- development of an agreement to rectify process
- improvements to the Annual Declaration on Compliance
- development of performance assessment (audit) report rules
- establishing a specified electronic format for student records.
We continue to seek an understanding of the issues providers are facing and develop guidance so that they are well-placed to meet the challenges. This includes our:
- Strategic Review into the challenges posed by the rapid transition to online learning
- Guidance on practical training and assessment as well as other risks presented by delivering training in a changed world due to COVID-19, and
- Guidance videos: Training in the workplace and Training in simulation
Our advice is designed to support ongoing compliance while enhancing provider understanding of ASQA’s expectations and the type of risk areas that we continue to monitor.