Before you submit an application for initial registration, ensure that you have:
- read and understood the Users’ Guide to the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015, which outlines what compliance with each of the relevant Standards might look like
- completed the Financial viability risk assessment pack (DOC 912kb)
- referred to the Application guide for initial RTO registration (PDF 378kb)
- made arrangements to ensure the organisation will have appropriate public liability insurance coverage to commence operations
- developed a thorough understanding of the national VET system, including training packages; the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF); and the VET Quality Framework—see Understand the requirements for registration for more information.
Please note that applications for initial registration must not include any qualifications or assessor skill sets from the Training and Education Training Package (or its successor). You must be registered for a continuous period of at least two years before adding these products to your scope of registration.
|Your organisation must not advertise, offer to provide, deliver or assess VET courses until it is registered and listed on the national register, training.gov.au.|
Use asqanet to submit your application
All applications for initial registration should be submitted using the online registration service, asqanet.
asqanet allows organisations to submit, manage and pay for their registration applications online.
- Find out more about using asqanet, or contact the ASQA Info line on 1300 701 801, 9.00 am to 7.00 pm EST, Monday to Friday, or by emailing enquiries [at] asqa.gov.au for help with using asqanet.
If you do not wish to use asqanet, you can also request a hard-copy form from the ASQA Info line. However, in accordance with the Guide to ASQA’s fees (PDF 535kb), if your application is not submitted using asqanet you will be charged a data entry fee of $500. This fee is refundable only until ASQA has commenced the data entry.
When you have completed your application, asqanet will generate an invoice for the required fees. Please note that ASQA will not commence processing your application until the invoice for these application fees is paid in full and the payment has cleared.