How we process applications
This process applies to all kinds of Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) applications.
Additional details apply for each application type. Check the relevant page.
When conducting a preliminary review, we:
- confirm that you have submitted all required documents
- confirm that you have completed all documents correctly
- confirm that you have paid all applicable fees and charges
- conduct a preliminary risk assessment of your organisation.
We review your application, plus all other available information. This may include:
- your history as a training provider
- your business status with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- other sources of ASQA risk intelligence.
Your application has to demonstrate to our satisfaction that you can comply with all relevant requirements.
We might decide to:
- approve your application in full
- approve your application but apply specific conditions
- approve some parts of your application and reject others
- reject your application in full.
No matter what, we will:
- tell you the decision in writing
- tell you the reasons for the decision
- make any changes to CRICOS and training.gov.au that are needed as a result of the decision.
If you disagree with the decision, you have options.
At any stage during the application review process:
- we might decide to reject your application
- we might contact you for more information—in some cases, deadlines will apply to your response to such requests
- we might decide to conduct a compliance audit which includes a site visit to one or more of your delivery locations—this would involve additional charges.