ESOS application decision
We will let you know the outcome of your application to become an ESOS provider in writing.
If your application is approved:
We may approve:
- all courses and course locations in your application
- some courses and course locations in your application, but not others.
If we approve your application, you will receive:
- a letter to explain your organisation’s obligations
- details of any special registration conditions.
If you are an existing RTO, we will align your ESOS registration to the expiry date of your RTO registration.
If you are not an existing RTO, we generally grant ESOS registration period of 2 years. This allows us to assess and manage the entry to market risk that new providers may present.
At the end of your initial registration period, you will need to show consistent performance and implementation against the standards to renew your registration.
Once registered, you are responsible for ongoing compliance with the ESOS legislative framework.
You need to manage and monitor your organisation’s activities and maintain compliance across all your operations.
Learn more about your responsibilities as an ESOS provider.
If your application is not approved
If we do not approve your application, we will let you know the reasons for our decision.
Your application may not be approved if:
- it’s incomplete and you didn’t give us the information and evidence we required on time or in the correct format
- you didn’t demonstrate compliance with the ESOS legislative framework
- you haven’t satisfied the financial viability risk assessment requirements
- your key staff haven’t satisfied the Fit and Proper Person Requirements.
If you disagree with our decision
If we don’t approve your ESOS registration, we will send you a letter to explain why. You can ask us to review our decision.