Chapter 6—Regulatory compliance and governance practice
The Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 (the Standards) and clauses relevant to registered training organisations’ (RTOs) regulatory compliance, reporting and governance practice underpin the good management of RTOs—and, as a result, their effective functioning and sustainability as businesses.
These Standards support RTOs to provide high-quality student experiences and learning outcomes.
Under the Standards relevant to regulatory compliance and governance, RTOs are responsible for:
- ensuring authorised executive officers are in place and meet Fit and Proper Person Requirements
- satisfying Financial Viability Risk Assessment Requirements
- complying and reporting
clauses 2.1 and 8.4 to 8.6
- recording, monitoring and reporting third-party arrangements
clauses 2.3, 2.4 and 8.3
- holding public liability insurance
- meeting Data Provision Requirements
- providing requested information to ASQA
clauses 8.1 and 8.2