Updated process for request of extended transition period for a training product
Organisations seeking to request consideration for an extended transition period of a training product can now apply to ASQA online.
Applicants will also need to provide evidence of support from:
- the Skills Service Organisation of the training product
- where applicable, support from the relevant state or territory training authority where trainees or apprentices are affected
- the state or territory Department of Education where school students are affected.
This will enable ASQA to assess requests in a timely manner and ensures the requesting organisation has undertaken consultation with the appropriate stakeholders.
When will ASQA consider a request for an extended transition period?
ASQA is empowered to approve transition periods longer than those detailed in Clause 1.26 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
ASQA will only consider requests for an extended transition period where:
- The requesting organisation has demonstrated that there will be a genuine disadvantage to learners or industry if the request is not approved. ASQA does not consider RTO administrative errors a genuine disadvantage to learners.
- An industry or a regulatory body has identified or supported that the extension is required in ASQA’s view, extraordinary circumstances exist.