Go to top of page

Apply for CRICOS registration

This section explains how you can apply for registration on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

To apply for CRICOS registration with ASQA, you will need to:

If ASQA approves your application, the courses you are registered to provide will be listed on CRICOS.

Vocational education and training (VET) providers

To offer vocational education and training courses to overseas students studying in Australia you must also register with ASQA as a registered training organisation (RTO). 

You can lodge an application for CRICOS registration at the same time as an Application for initial RTO registration

English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)

If you are seeking to offer ELICOS courses, you will need to demonstrate to ASQA that you will comply with the ELICOS National Standards. You will be asked to provide additional information and evidence when completing the application form.