Course accreditation involves six stages:
- Stage 1— Preliminary research and consultation
- Stage 2—VET course concept
- Stage 3—Course development
- Stage 4—Course design and submission
- Stage 5—Assessment
- Stage 6—Decision
Which forms will I need to complete?
The application process involves three mandatory forms:
- VET course concept form (see stage 2)
- Accredited course document template (see stage 4)
- Application for course accreditation form—initial (see stage 4)
Submit the completed forms and associated attachments to courses [at] asqa.gov.au.
What are the fees?
Applying for initial course accreditation involves two fees:
- application lodgement fee ($500)—payable upon submission of the VET course concept form
- application assessment fee ($7,570)—payable upon invoice. ASQA will issue the invoice once an application for course initial accreditation is deemed complete.
For applications submitted on or before 31 March 2019, the $500 application fee is payable upon submission of the Application for Course Accreditation—Initial form.
For a list of all ASQA fees and charges, please read the Guide to ASQA’s fees and charges 2018-19 (PDF).
How long does ASQA take to process an application?
In most cases, ASQA will complete the process within six months of receiving payment of the application assessment fee.
You can check the progress of an application by emailing accreditation [at] asqa.gov.au.