Course accreditation involves five stages:
- Stage 1—VET course concept
- Stage 2—Course development
- Stage 3—Course submission
- Stage 4—Assessment of your application
- Stage 5—Decision
Which forms will I need to complete?
The application process consists of three mandatory components:
- VET course concept form (see stage 1)
- Accredited course document template (see stage 2)
- Application for course accreditation form—initial (see stage 3)
Submit the completed forms and associated attachments to courses [at] asqa.gov.au.
What are the fees?
Applying for initial course accreditation involves two fees:
- application lodgement fee ($500)—payable upon submission of the VET course concept form
- application assessment fee ($7570)—payable upon submission of the application.
The application must include:
- the Application for course accreditation—initial form
- the completed course document template (DOC)
- any other evidence to support the application.
Please note that course accreditation applications are subject to charges. For a list of all ASQA fees and charges, please read the Guide to ASQA’s fees and charges 2018-19 (PDF).
How long does ASQA take to process an application?
ASQA will finalise initial accreditation applications as per ASQA service standards.
You can check the progress of an application by emailing accreditation [at] asqa.gov.au