What constitutes a ‘diploma or higher qualification in adult education’?
An adult education qualification must have a focus on training and assessing adults. The qualification does not need to include the words ‘adult education’ in the title; however, units completed within the qualification need to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to train adults. The academic transcript or record of results for the qualification will provide the evidence to demonstrate this.
Examples of adult education qualifications include:
- Associate Degree of Vocational Education and Training
- Bachelor of Adult and Vocational Education
- Graduate Diploma in Adult and Vocational Education and Training
- Graduate Diploma of Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Master of Education degree with an adult education focus
- CASR Part 61 Flight or Simulator Instructor
- Army Recruit Instructor.