What constitutes a ‘diploma or higher qualification in adult education’?
An adult education qualification must have a focus on training and assessing adults. The qualification does not need to include the words ‘adult education’ in the title; however, units completed within the qualification need to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to train adults. The academic transcript or record of results for the qualification will provide the evidence to demonstrate this.
Examples of adult education qualifications include:
- CASR Part 61 Flight or Simulator Instructor
- Army Recruit Instructor
- Graduate Certificate or Diploma in TESOL
- Graduate Diploma in Adult and Vocational Education and Training
- Graduate Diploma of Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Master of education or Doctoral degree with an adult education focus.