Discharge of obligations—outcome notification
You are required to produce notices demonstrating the outcome of your obligations following a provider default.
These notices must be lodged in PRISMS within seven days of the end of the provider obligation period (the provider obligation period ends 14 days after the default day, and the notices must be lodged seven days after the end of the provider obligation period—so the notices must be lodged no later than 21 days in total after the default day).
Each notice must include:
- details on whether you have discharged your obligations to students
- information on whether you have arranged alternative courses including:
- details of students you have arranged alternative courses for
- details of the courses you have arranged
- evidence of each student’s acceptance of an offer of a place in an alternative course
- information on any refunds you have provided including:
- details of the students you provided refunds to
- the individual dollar amounts of the refunds provided.
You will need to report the event against each individual student CoE in PRISMS. These reports may only be completed by an authorised PRISMS user.
If you have not discharged your obligations for each overseas student, you must still enter these notices in PRISMS within seven days of the end of the provider default period. In this instance, the notice will state that you have failed to meet your obligations.
Notices demonstrating the outcome of your obligations are required under sections 46D and 46F of the ESOS Act, and under the Education Services for Overseas Students (Provider default – discharge of obligations – requirements for a notice) Determination 2012 (No. 1).
Demonstrating reporting compliance—outcome notification obligations
You may be required to demonstrate your compliance outcome notification obligations.
To demonstrate this compliance, you must ensure:
- necessary information has been entered against each individual CoE of an overseas student affected by the default
- all information entered into PRISMS is complete, accurate and entered within seven days after the end of the provider obligation period—PRISMS will automatically record the date the information was entered
- information in PRISMS matches other retained records—signed placement agreements, refund receipts and any other relevant records.