Malvern Institute Pty Ltd
Malvern International College, Central Melbourne Institute
Chief Executive - Dr Peter Glyn Lewis; Director - Peter Lewis; Secretary - Peter Lewis
Details of decision
The Commissioners decided to:
- Reject, under the NVR Act s 17, the application for renewal of registration as an RTO in full, to include:
- BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
- BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
- HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy
- HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage
- SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness
- SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- 22250VIC Certificate I in EAL (Access)
- 22251VIC Certificate II in EAL (Access)
- 22255VIC Certificate III in EAL (Further Study)
- 22258VIC Certificate IV in EAL (Further Study).
Following AAT review, the parties reached an agreement.
The Tribunal decided:
- ASQA's decision is set aside and in substitution the Applicant's registration under sections 17 and 31 of the NVR Act is renewed until 31 December 2021.
- The following conditions be imposed on the Applicant's registration under sections 29(1) of the NVR Act for the period of the Applicant's renewed registration:
- The Applicant not enrol any students in BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management until the Applicant provides the Respondent evidence of the validated training and assessment materials for all units in that course (prepared by Robert East).
- The Applicant not amend the following documents (as per Annexure A) without the Respondent's written consent:
- Attendance and Course Progress Policy and Procedure.
- Reassessment Plan.
- Procedure to cancel qualifications if students fail to attend/complete required re-assessment.
- P44 Reassessment of Competencies Policy V1.0.
- C03_Student Induction Checklist.
- CMI Recruitment Kit.
- P15_Entry Requirements and Selection Policy
- P52_Pre–training review and language, literacy and numeracy policy.
- The Applicant must retain, and provide to the Respondent upon request, copies of student files, for a period of 18 months from the date which a final judgement of competence is made for the relevant VET course, including copies of:
- marked assessment records (including any document which informed a determination of competence),
- master assessment tools,
- learner and trainer guides,
- training and assessment strategies,
- pre-enrolment forms (including any document which informed whether the student's English language proficiency, educational qualifications, or work experience is sufficient to enable a learner to enrol in a course),
- any evidence of student intervention and support in accordance with student support policy,
- student progress results across all units in all courses.
- The Applicant must review its assessment system against clause 1.8 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 (Standards), and conduct systematic validation and moderation of all training products on its scope of registration by 1 July 2020 and in accordance with the requirements with clauses 1.9 and 1.11 of the Standards.
- The moderation must sample of a minimum of ten (10) completed student assessment files for each training product on its scope of registration.
- A report must be produced of the moderation findings for each student file sampled, including primary evidence of any gap training or reassessment conducted, refunds provided, qualifications cancelled, and evidence of the outcome of any recommendations made, and persons responsible for implementing such recommendations/outcomes, as a result of the moderation activity.
- The Applicant must retain, and provide copies on request to ASQA, timetables for all classes at all locations for all students for each four (4) month term, which must include for each unit of competency:
- Course code and title.
- Location and classroom.
- Designated trainer(s).
- First name and surname of allocated students.
- Dates of training and any term breaks.
- Schedule class start and end times, including class breaks.
- The Applicant must retain, and provide copies on request to ASQA, class attendance rolls for all VET courses delivered, with each roll to:
- contain the names of all students scheduled to attend the class;
- be signed by each student present at the commencement of the class, or, if a student arrives late to the class, their time of arrival at the class;
- be signed by each student who is present at the end of each class, or, if a student leaves class early, the time which they leave the class;
- be signed by each trainer or assessor who provides training or assessment in the class.
Date of decision
Status of decision
Settled pursuant to terms of agreement at AAT
Status of review
No review available