Reporting obligations summary
CRICOS providers play an essential role in the regulation of well-functioning Vocational Education and Training (VET) and ELICOS sectors.
CRICOS providers must provide reporting information through the Provider Registration and International Student Management System (PRISMS).
What information needs to be reported on?
You need to report the following student details:
- individual student information
- accepted students (any student that a CRICOS provider has accepted onto their course role)
- non-commencement by students
- termination of studies (where an accepted student terminates enrolment before the completion of their course)
- changes to a student’s identity or the duration of their course
- breaches of visa conditions.
You also need to report on:
- education agents
- already accepted students
- courses not starting when expected
- changes to courses
- tuition fees.
Timeframe for entering the information into PRISMS
If a student is under 18, the information must be communicated through PRISMS within 14 days. For all other students, information must be provided within 31 days.