RTO application decision
We will let you know the outcome of your application to become an RTO in writing.
If your application is approved
We may approve:
- all training products in your application
- some training products in your application
- training products with specific conditions.
If we approve your application, you will get:
- a registration certificate
- a letter to explain your organisation’s obligations
- details of any special registration conditions.
Typically, we approve new RTOs for an initial period of 2 years. This allows us to assess and manage the entry to market risk that new RTOs may present.
At the end of your initial registration period, you will need to show consistent performance and implementation against the standards to renew your registration.
Once registered, you are responsible for ongoing compliance with the VET Quality Framework.
You need to manage and monitor your RTO’s activities and maintain compliance across all your operations.
Learn more about RTO responsibilities.
If your application is not approved
If we don’t approve your application, we will let you know the reasons for our decision.
Your application may be rejected if:
- it’s incomplete and you didn’t give us the information and evidence we required on time or in the correct format
- you didn’t demonstrate compliance with the VET Quality Framework
- you haven’t satisfied the financial viability risk assessment requirements
- your key staff haven’t satisfied the fit and proper person requirements.
If you disagree with our decision
If we don’t approve your registration, we will send you a letter to explain why.
You can ask us to review our decision.