Initial RTO registration decisions
We will let you know the outcome of your application to become an RTO in writing, and you will receive a copy of your assessment report which provides details about the assessment and its outcomes.
If your application is approved
If your application is approved, we may approve:
- all training products in your application
- some training products in your application
- training products with specific conditions.
If we approve your application, you will receive:
- a registration certificate
- a letter to explain your organisation’s obligations
- details of any special registration conditions.
Typically, we approve new RTOs for an initial period of 2 years. This allows us to assess and manage the entry to market risk that new RTOs may present.
At the end of your initial registration period, you will need to show consistent performance and implementation against the standards to renew your registration.
If your application is not approved
If we don’t approve your application, we will let you know the reasons for our decision. Your initial registration assessment report will detail the areas that your application does not meet the registration requirements.
Your application may be rejected if:
- information or evidence you provided is found to be false or misleading
- you failed to provide information or evidence requested by ASQA in the specified time, or in the required form
- the application did not demonstrate that the organisation will be fully compliant with the VET Quality Framework from the date of registration
- you have not demonstrated commitment and/or capability to deliver quality education and training
- ASQA determines key people or persons in the organisation not to be fit and proper under the Standards
- you have not demonstrated to the satisfaction of the regulator that the organisation will be financially viable.
If you disagree with our decision
If you disagree with our decision, you may request a review of your decision.