In some cases, ASQA is empowered to approve transition periods longer than those detailed in Clauses 1.26 (a), (b) and (c) of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
ASQA will only consider applications for a longer transition period where it can be demonstrated that there would be genuine disadvantage to a cohort of learners if such an extension was not approved.
Where ASQA has approved an extended transition period, that arrangement applies to all RTOs delivering the specific training product to the identified learner cohort (e.g. plumbing apprentices in a specific jurisdiction where the qualification has been superseded), regardless of who made the application.
ASQA has recently approved an extended transition period for the following qualifications:
- CPC30313 Certificate III in Concreting – until 30 September 2020
- FDF30411 Certificate III in Wine Industry Operations – until 30 September 2020
- MSF30413 Certificate III in Glass and Glazing – until 2 December 2020
- MSF30813 Certificate III in Flooring Technology – until 2 December 2020
- CPP40611 Certificate IV in Property Services (Operations) – until 30 September 2021
- CPP40407 Certificate IV in Property Services (Stock and Station Agency) – until 30 September 2021
The decision extends the transition period for these RTOs to complete the training, assessment and Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) certification issuance.
The qualifications will remain on affected RTOs scope of registration until the end of the extended transition period, unless the RTO chooses to withdraw it from scope prior.