Understanding assessment video launched
The Australian Skills Quality Authority has launched the second of its videos made in collaboration with the vocational education and training sector to explain common regulatory questions.
The new video explores assessment-related issues and follows a video on the audit process, released last week.
The video features a round-table discussion involving ASQA auditors and VET leaders – Andrew Shea from the Independent Tertiary Education Council Australia (ITECA) and Nita Schultz from the Victorian TAFE Association.
The video on assessment is conversational in style. It is available at full length and also in stand-alone chapters. It is also available as an audio file for those who prefer podcasts.
- Chapter 1—What are some common issues with assessments?
- Chapter 2—What does an assessment tool need to include?
- Chapter 3—What instructions should be given to assessors and students?
- Chapter 4—How do RTOs develop tools to conduct assessment in the workplace?
- Chapter 5—What are observable behaviours?
- Chapter 6—How do RTOs best use off-the-shelf resources?
- Chapter 7—Working with mandated assessment tools
- Chapter 8—What is some advice for RTOs when developing assessment tools?