Extended transition period: FWP Qualifications (FWP20116, FWP20216, FWP30116, FWP30216, FWP40116, FWP50116)
In some cases, ASQA is empowered to approve transition periods longer than those detailed in Clauses 1.26 (a), (b) and (c) of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
In accordance with the General Direction – Learner transition, ASQA will only consider applications for a longer transition period where it can be demonstrated that there would be genuine disadvantage to a cohort of learners if such an extension was not approved.
ASQA has recently approved an extended transition period for the following FWP qualifications:
- FWP20116 Certificate II in Forest Growing and Management
- FWP20216 Certificate II in Harvesting and Haulage
- FWP30116 Certificate III in Forest Growing and Management
- FWP30216 Certificate III in Harvesting and Haulage
- FWP40116 Certificate IV in Forest Operations
- FWP50116 Diploma of Forest and Forest Products
for all ASQA registered RTOs with scope for delivery for continuing students only.
The extended training, assessment and certification issuance period for this qualification ends on 31 January 2024.
The decision was supported by the Food, Fibre and Timber Training Council, Forest Training Council; Forest Products Commission and Skills Impact.
These FWP qualifications will remain on ASQA’s regulated RTOs scope of registration until the end of the extended transition period unless the RTO chooses to withdraw it from scope prior.