Extended transition period: AMP Qualifications - AMP30316, AMP30616, AMP30716, AMP40415 and AMP40516
ASQA is empowered to approve transition periods longer than those detailed in Clause 1.26(a) of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
In accordance with the Guidance for Providers – Learner Transition, ASQA will only consider applications for a longer transition period where it can be demonstrated that there would be genuine disadvantage to a cohort of learners if such an extension was not approved.
ASQA has recently approved an extended transition period for the following training products:
- AMP30316 - Certificate III in Meat Processing (Meat Safety)
- AMP30616 - Certificate III in Meat Processing (General)
- AMP30716 - Certificate III in Meat Processing (Quality Assurance)
- AMP40415 - Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Quality Assurance)
- AMP40516 - Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Meat Safety)
The transition period for training, assessment and certification issuance for these training products is extended from 24 January 2024 to 31 January 2025.
This decision is only applicable to the following student cohort/s:
- Students who have commenced formal training and/or assessment in their course on or before 24 January 2024
- All students must either complete or be transferred to replacement qualifications by the new transition end date.
ASQA has consulted with the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority and the Training Accreditation Council of Western Australia regarding this extended transition period.
ASQA also consulted with Skills Insight, the Jobs and Skills Council with operational responsibility for the AMP Australian Meat Processing Training Package regarding this extended transition period.
The training products referenced above will remain on RTOs’ scope of registration until the end of the extended transition period.