Extended transition period: 4 ACM training products until 17 February 2024
In some cases, ASQA is empowered to approve transition periods longer than those detailed in Clauses 1.26 (a), (b) and (c) of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
In accordance with the General Direction – Learner transition, ASQA will only consider applications for a longer transition period where it can be demonstrated that there would be genuine disadvantage to a cohort of learners if such an extension was not approved.
Where ASQA has approved an extended transition period, that arrangement applies to all RTOs delivering the specific training product to the identified learner cohort (e.g., plumbing apprentices in a specific jurisdiction where the qualification has been superseded), regardless of who made the application.
ASQA has recently approved an extended transition period for the following qualifications: -
- ACM20217 Certificate II in Horse Care,
- ACM30817 Certificate III in Performance Horse,
- ACM40517 Certificate IV in Equine Dentistry and
- ACM50417 Diploma of Performance Horse Management
The extended training, assessment, and certification issuance period for the 4 qualifications listed above ends on 17 February 2024.
It was demonstrated to ASQA that learners would be genuinely disadvantage if they were required to transition to the replacement qualification as the significance of changes would not provide the expected outcomes for existing learners.
The decision was made with support from the following:
- State Regulators - Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority & Training Accreditation Council Western Australia;
- State Training Authorities in NSW, WA, SA, TAS, VIC and NT;
- Skills Impact in their role as the Skills Service Organisation;
- Animal Care and Management Industry Reference Committee; and
- Feedback from RTOs delivering these qualifications
The 4 qualifications listed above will remain on RTOs scope of registration until the end of the extended transition period unless the RTO chooses to withdraw it from scope prior.