Extended transition period: 11 High Risk Work units from the CPC Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package until 28 March 2022
In some cases, ASQA is empowered to approve transition periods longer than those detailed in Clauses 1.26 (a), (b) and (c) of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
In accordance with the General Direction – Learner transition, ASQA will only consider applications for a longer transition period where it can be demonstrated that there would be genuine disadvantage to a cohort of learners if such an extension was not approved.
Where ASQA has approved an extended transition period, that arrangement applies to all RTOs delivering the specific training product to the identified learner cohort (e.g. plumbing apprentices in a specific jurisdiction where the qualification has been superseded), regardless of who made the application.
ASQA has recently approved an extended transition period for the following units of competency. The extended training, assessment and certification issuance period for this qualification ends on 28 March 2022:
- CPCCLHS3002A - Licence to operate a materials hoist
- CPCCLHS3001A - Licence to operate a personnel and materials hoist
- CPCCLTC4001A - Licence to operate a tower crane
- CPCCLTC4002A - Licence to operate a self-erecting tower crane
- CPCCLDG3001A - Licence to perform dogging
- CPCCLRG4001A - Licence to perform rigging advanced level
- CPCCLRG3001A - Licence to perform rigging basic level
- CPCCLRG3002A - Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
- CPCCLSF2001A - Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level
- CPCCLSF3001A - Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level
- CPCCLSF4001A - Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding advanced level
The units will remain on RTOs scope of registration until the end of the extended transition period unless the RTO chooses to withdraw it from scope prior.