ASQA approves extended transition period for 6 qualifications from the ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package to 30 June 2022
In some cases, ASQA is empowered to approve transition periods longer than those detailed in Clauses 1.26 (a), (b) and (c) of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
In accordance with the General Direction – Learner transition, ASQA will only consider applications for a longer transition period where it can be demonstrated that there would be genuine disadvantage to a cohort of learners if such an extension was not approved.
Where ASQA has approved an extended transition period, that arrangement applies to all RTOs delivering the specific training product to the identified learner cohort (e.g. plumbing apprentices in a specific jurisdiction where the qualification has been superseded), regardless of who made the application.
- ICT50215 Diploma of Digital and Interactive Games
- ICT50318 Diploma of Information Technology Systems Administration
- ICT50418 Diploma of Information Technology Networking
- ICT50515 Diploma of Database Design and Development
- ICT50615 Diploma of Website Development
- ICT50718 Diploma of Software Development
It was demonstrated to ASQA that learners would be genuinely disadvantage if they were required to transition to the replacement qualifications.
The qualifications will remain on RTOs scope of registration until the end of the extended transition period unless the RTO chooses to withdraw it from scope prior.