Following AAT review of ASQA’s cancellation decision, the Administrative Appeals Tribunal decided to:
i Impose, under s 29 of the NVR Act, the following conditions on the applicant’s registration:
1. The Applicant not enrol any students in BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management until the Applicant provides the Respondent evidence of the validated training and assessment materials for all units in that course.
2. The Applicant not amend the following documents (as per Annexure A) without the Respondent's written consent:
- Attendance and Course Progress Policy and Procedure.
- Reassessment Plan.
- Procedure to cancel qualifications if students fail to attend/complete required re-assessment.
- P44 Reassessment of Competencies Policy V1.0.
- C03_Student Induction Checklist.
- CMI Recruitment Kit.
- P15_Entry Requirements and Selection Policy
- P52_Pre–training review and language, literacy and numeracy policy
3. The Applicant must retain, and provide to the Respondent upon request, copies of student files, for a period of 18 months from the date which a final judgement of competence is made for the relevant VET course, including copies of:
- marked assessment records (including any document which informed a determination of competence),
- master assessment tools,
- learner and trainer guides,
- training and assessment strategies,
- pre-enrolment forms (including any document which informed whether the student's English language proficiency, educational qualifications, or work experience is sufficient to enable a learner to enrol in a course),
- any evidence of student intervention and support in accordance with student support policy,
- student progress results across all units in all courses.
4. The Applicant must review its assessment system against clause 1.8 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 (Standards), and conduct systematic validation and moderation of all training products on its scope of registration by 1 July 2020 and in accordance with the requirements with clauses 1.9 and 1.11 of the Standards.
- The moderation must sample of a minimum of ten (10) completed student assessment files for each training product on its scope of registration.
- A report must be produced of the moderation findings for each student file sampled, including primary evidence of any gap training or reassessment conducted, refunds provided, qualifications cancelled, and evidence of the outcome of any recommendations made, and persons responsible for implementing such recommendations/outcomes, as a result of the moderation activity.
5. The Applicant must retain, and provide copies on request to ASQA, timetables for all classes at all locations for all students for each four (4) month term, which must include for each unit of competency:
- Course code and title.
- Location and classroom.
- Designated trainer(s).
- First name and surname of allocated students.
- Dates of training and any term breaks.
- Schedule class start and end times, including class breaks.
6. The Applicant must retain, and provide copies on request to ASQA, class attendance rolls for all VET courses delivered, with each roll to:
- contain the names of all students scheduled to attend the class;
- be signed by each student present at the commencement of the class, or, if a student arrives late to the class, their time of arrival at the class;
- be signed by each student who is present at the end of each class, or, if a student leaves class early, the time which they leave the class;
- be signed by each trainer or assessor who provides training or assessment in the class.