The Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 include updated data provision requirements, which are outlined in Standard 7, Clause 7.5 and Standard 8, Clause 8.1 – 8.2.
The revised data provision requirements apply to all ASQA RTOs from 1 April 2015.
As a registered training organisation (RTO), you must collect and report on a range of accurate and complete data about your business and operations, including:
ASQA may also ask you to provide data at any time throughout your period of registration. The types of data that ASQA may request include:
- business registration records
- documents demonstrating the organisation’s financial viability
- information demonstrating how relevant people associated with the organisation satisfy the Fit and Proper Person Requirements
- information on strategies, facilities and other materials used to conduct training and assessment
- documents demonstrating trainers’ credentials
- information about delivery operations (e.g. modes, venues, funding, student types, activity conducted)
- evidence to demonstrate appropriate records management systems
- public liability insurance coverage, and
- the names of current or past students, who may be surveyed about satisfaction levels.