ASQA | Spotlight On Assessment, Chapter 2
Spotlight on providers - Interviews
Welcome to the interview series conducted for the Spotlight on Assessment. We recognise how valuable it is to hear from your peers as to specific challenges they face when developing and conducting assessment, and what can be learned from how others mitigate, and apply good practice methods.
The importance of assessment tools
In this interview with ASQA, Paul Pellier, Director of Accellier, shares his perspective on developing assessment tools. He outlines that the more effective your process for developing your assessment tools, the easier it is to conduct your assessment, gaining great outcomes for your students.
Developing assessment tools from the bottom up
- understand the requirements of the training product
- balance the Rules of Evidence and the Principles of Assessment
- industry knows best what their graduates need to know and demonstrate
- regular interaction makes engaging with industry easier
- bring your assessors together regularly to share real time feedback
- involve your assessors so they feel ownership of tools and processes
Paul Pellier is founder of Accellier, a training provider with over a decade of service to Australia's VET sector including delivery of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Paul is passionate about high quality, modern, flexible education and loves to share ideas and connect with others to build a first class Australian VET sector.
Spotlight On video interviews
View our other Spotlight on video interviews from our series on assessment
More Spotlight On