How to transition
You have time to transition
You have a transition period to manage changes to training products.
The transition period gives you time to:
- add the new training product to your scope, if needed
- complete training and assessment in the superseded, expired or deleted product
- issue AQF certification for the superseded, expired or deleted product
- transfer ongoing students to the new training product
- withdraw students who are not ongoing.
Check your transition period end date
Steps to check your qualifications history.
- Go to training.gov.au
- Use your organisation’s name or code to search Organisations or RTOs. This will open your ‘Organisation details’.
- Find the ‘Display history’ check box on the top right side of the page. Tick the check box.
- Click and open the Scope tab. Scope is your list of approved training products. Scroll down to ‘Qualifications history’. Here you can view the start and end dates for your training products.
The table below shows you the transition periods and responsibilities when products change.
|Product changes||Transition period||Transition checklist|
|New equivalent or not equivalent products||12 months||
Deleted products and expired accredited courses
When the transition period ends
At the end of the transition period, we remove superseded, expired or deleted products from your scope of registration.
After we remove a product, ensure:
- there are no further student enrolments
- you don’t issue any qualifications or statements of attainment in the removed product.
Use your transition period to prepare
You can deliver the superseded product during the transition period. This gives you time to prepare and transition.
- training product changes and the training package Companion Volume Implementation Guide on the national register
- the guide is also available on VETNet
2. Assess the impact these changes may have on your organisation, including:
- learning and assessment strategies
- capacity to deliver
3. Amend your organisation’s training and assessment strategies to describe how the new training product will be delivered.
The superseded and replacement products count as a single scope item when calculating your annual registration charge.