General direction—Quality indicators
This is a general direction made under section 28(1) of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (Cth) (the Act).
A general direction may be given by ASQA on the way in which the VET Quality Framework and other conditions defined in the Act are to be complied with.
It is a condition of registration that an ASQA RTO must comply with any such general directions.
Terms and Definitions
- Australian Vocational Education and Training Management Information Statistical Standard
- Competency Completion Online System
- Quality indicator
- Survey Management, Analysis and Reporting Tool
The Data Provision Requirements 2012 legislative instrument requires that an RTO:
- must collect data on the quality indicators agreed upon by the Ministerial Council, or its delegate
- must provide an annual summary report to ASQA against the quality indicators.
The Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 include the following data provision requirements:
- The RTO cooperates with the VET Regulator:
- by providing quality/performance indicator data.
Learner engagement and employer satisfaction
RTOs that do not use the SMART system are required to submit the ASQA Quality Indicator Annual Summary Report (DOC 181kb).
RTOs are to complete the ASQA Quality Indicator Annual Summary Report template for each year and email it, by 30 June, to qidata [at] asqa.gov.au.
Each RTO will be individually contacted by ASQA to inform RTOs of their obligations in regards to CCOS. In general, AVETMISS delivery activity data that has been reported to the NCVER National Collection will not be required to be resubmitted through CCOS.