Sample AQF documentation
This fact sheet contains sample documentation or templates[i] for:
- testamurs (issued by registered training organisation [RTO] to learners who have met the requirements of a vocational education and training [VET] qualification)
- records of results (issued by an RTO to accompany the testamur), and
- statements of attainment (issued by an RTO to certify the completion of one or more units from a VET qualification or an accredited short course).
The samples are designed to support RTOs to meet the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
The AQF has also developed a guide—Certification documentation: an explanation. RTOs may consult this document for further support.
RTOs may customise certification documentation to meet their needs, provided all required information is recorded.
- Testamurs and statements of attainment can include additional information, such as the name and/or logo of a third party involved in the training and assessment. Such information must be accurate and not introduce confusion about which organisation is issuing the certification.
- Statements of attainment can include additional information to certify completion of an identified skill set.
The order and placement of the required information on each document is dependent on an RTO’s own design and style guidelines.
[i] This document has no legal status or legal effect whatsoever. The sample forms contained in this document are for the purpose of providing guidance only. ASQA accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or currency of the material included in this document. Users must consider any applicable legislation and/or policy and exercise their own skill and care in relation to the material contained in this document.