The Commissioners decided to:
- Cancel, under the NVR Act s 36(2)(f) and s 39, the RTO’s registration
with effect 35 calendar days after the date the RTO is given written notice of the decision.
Following AAT review, the parties reached an agreement.
It is decided by consent that:
- The decision to cancel the applicant's registration is set aside and in subtittuion the applicant's registration as an RTO is not cancelled.
- the following conditions is imposed on the RTO's registration pursuant to section 29 of the NVR Act:
(1) the applicant must commence training within 12 months of the date of the Tribunal's orders and will otherwise promptly advise the respondent by emailing email@example.com of the reasons why it has not done so;
(2) the applicant must securely retain, and provide to ASQA on request, copies of all completed student assessment items for each student (per the definition in ASQA's General Direction — Retention requirements for completed student assessment items) and copies of the master assessment tools used for each assessment, for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date on which the judgement of competence for each relevant unit of competency is made;
(3) the applicant must, within twenty-eight (28) days prior to commencing delivery of training and assessment, provide ASQA, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information and/or documents:
- Class timetables for the next six (6) to twelve (12) months;
- Registered list of trainers including:
- First and surname;
- Contact details;
- Names of any other RTOs which the trainer is currently, or was formerly (in the past six (6) months) engaged with.
(4) the applicant must notify ASQA when it enrols its first, tenth and thirtieth student.