The Commissioners decided to:
- Cancel, under the NVR Act s 36(2)(f) and s 39, the RTO’s registration
with effect 35 calendar days after the date the RTO is given written notice of the decision.
Following AAT review, the parties reached an agreement as to the terms of the Tribunal.
The Tribunal set aside the decisions under review and made the following decisions in substitution:
- grant, under section 17 of the NVR Act, the Applicant's application for renewal of registration for a period of four (4) years commencing on the date of this decision;
- impose, under section 29 of the NVR Act, the following condition on the Applicant's registration:
- the Applicant must retain and present to the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) on request all completed student enrolment and assessment records for all VET students for all VET courses for two (2) years from the date the student is deemed competent; and
- issue, under section 35A of the NVR Act, a written direction requiring the Applicant to:
- rectify the breach of section 22 of the NVR Act by addressing each non-compliance identified in the Evidence Analysis provided by the Respondent to the Applicant on 20 September 2019 within 60 calendar days of the date of this decision; and
- retain evidence that the written direction has been complied with for examination at a future regulatory activity.