ASQA will write to you and notify you of the outcome of your application for renewal, usually within five working days of the decision.
If we grant your application to renew accreditation, we will notify you of your:
- course owner identifier
- the accreditation period (up to five years)
- any conditions imposed on your accreditation
- obligations to manage and monitor the course during the new accreditation period.
If we grant your application to renew accreditation, we will enter the following information on the national register:
- course code and course title
- course owner and course contact details
- course description
- unit code and unit title
- nominal hours for course and units
- completion mapping
- AVETMISS classification information for course and units
- mapping to the previous version of course
Renewing the accreditation of a course does not provide approval to deliver the accredited course. Any RTO wishing to deliver an accredited course must apply to ASQA to add the course to its scope of registration. The registration process cannot commence until the outcome of the renewal of accreditation application has been decided.
If we reject your application to renew accreditation, we will advise you of:
- the reasons for the rejection
- options for review of the decision.
If you are not satisfied with ASQA’s decision, you may choose to request reassessment or review of the decision.
Notices of non-compliance
For an overview of what to do as a course owner when you receive a notice of non-compliance from ASQA, see our page on Addressing notices of non-compliance.