ASQA will write to you and notify you of the outcome of your application.
This notification will usually happen within five working days of the decision.
If ASQA grants accreditation, we will notify you of:
- your course owner identifier
- the accreditation period (up to five years)
- any conditions imposed on the accreditation of the course
- your obligations to manage and monitor the course during the accreditation period.
If we grant a course accreditation, we will enter the following information on the national register:
- course code and course title
- course owner and course contact details
- course description
- unit code and unit title
- completion mapping
- end dates for enterprise units of competency.
If a course is accredited, any RTO that wants to deliver the course must apply to ASQA to add the course to its scope of registration. This requirement applies to the course owner as well if they are an RTO—they must apply to have the course added to their scope of registration. This is not an automatic process.
If ASQA rejects your application, we will advise you of:
- the reasons for the rejection
- options for review of the decision.
If you are not satisfied with the ASQA’s decision, you may choose to request reassessment or review of the decision.