On 26 September 2014, the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Industry and Skills Council agreed to new regulatory standards for training providers and regulators—the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015. These replace the Standards for NVR RTOs 2012.
ASQA uses the Standards to ensure nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment across Australia's vocational education and training (VET) system. Compliance with the Standards is a requirement for:
- all ASQA registered training organisations, and
- for applicants seeking registration.
ASQA uses the Standards to protect the interests of all students in Australia's VET system. The Standards guide nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services in the vocational education and training system.
Where can RTOs find information to help them transition to the new Standards?
ASQA has developed information and guidance on the new standards for RTOs and other stakeholders in the sector.
- a Users’ Guide to the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- mapping information comparing the new Standards with the Standards for RTOs 2012, and
- ‘frequently asked questions’ on the Standards.