The Commissioner Regulatory Operations decided to:
- suspend, under the NVR Act s 36(2)(e) and s 38 the following part of the RTO’s scope of registration:
- UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology
- and any new training package product that would be automatically added to the scope of registration because it is equivalent to one which appears above, and
- during the period of suspension, require, under the NVR Act s 38(2), the RTO not to:
- enrol a student in a suspended VET course or part of a suspended VET course
- allow a VET student to begin a suspended VET course of part of a suspended VET course
- publish or broadcast an advertisement relating to a suspended VET course or any part of a suspended VET course, or
- cause to be published or broadcast an advertisement relating to a suspended VET course or any part of a suspended VET course.
with effect 35 calendar days after the date the RTO is given written notice of the decision.
Following reconsideration, the Acting Chief Commissioner decided to vary the decision to the following:
- Give a written direction, under the NVR Act section 35A(1), requiring the organisation to:
- rectify this breach by addressing each non-compliance outlined in the attached audit report within 20 working days of the date of this notice
- retain evidence this written direction has been complied with for examination at a future regulatory activity, by retaining evidence that you have addressed each non-compliance outlined in the attached audit report.